HomeAid Northern Virginia
Full-time Programs Manager
Who We Are:
HomeAid Northern Virginia is a small, local non-profit that builds new lives for families and individuals who are experiencing homelessness through housing and community outreach. HomeAid makes the right match between our partners in the homebuilding industry who donate time, labor, materials, and expertise and our non-profit partners with renovation needs—and manages these projects to reduce the financial and staff time burden on non-profits so that they can focus their limited funds on direct interventions with clients experiencing homelessness. Our work makes the entire system of safety net non-profits more sustainable.
Who You Are:
You have excellent organizational and project management skills, and are looking for a way to use them for the good of your community! You’re ready to jump in and make a difference using your experience with management of administration-/project-related details, keeping the work organized and moving forward; using and maintaining a donor database; outreach and research; and working with/managing volunteers.
What You’ll Do:
You will manage smaller renovation projects at shelters—from the first administrative details and forms, to visiting construction sites with builders, to planning events to celebrate the completion of projects—for all current and existing projects. You will assist the Executive Director and CEO with HomeAid Northern Virginia’s program expansion into the greater Washington, D.C. area. This will include, but is not limited to, researching builder and non-profit/service provider partners in Washington, D.C. and creating an expansion timeline.
- Manage multiple renovation projects at one time, including: scheduling project site visits, overseeing project budget, submitting insurance applications for each project, entering project details into donor database, generating thank you notes for project donors, and other duties to ensure the completion of the project
- Manage relationships with project builders and service providers, ensuring timely communication and that all expectations are met from both parties, helping to overcome obstacles that delay progress of work and serving as the go-to person for both the builder and the service provider to help achieve project goals
- Assist the Executive Director and CEO in expanding HomeAid Northern Virginia’s reach into Washington, D.C. by creating and maintaining new relationships with builder and non-profit/service providers in the area
- Plan all details of appreciation luncheons at the completion of each project
- Assist Executive Director & CEO with admin for larger projects
- Attend networking/industry events to represent HomeAid; Assist at HomeAid special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years’(?) experience with a non-profit organization in the areas of program/project management. College degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; must be proficient and concise.
- Must be flexible and adapt to a changing schedule of activities and priorities.
- Must be highly organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable with and proficient in delegation of tasks to both staff and volunteers.
- Ability to relate to people from various backgrounds, experiences, and professions. Must be willing to network and attend relevant events.
- Must be willing and able to make brief presentations and/or speak in front of small groups.
- Must be fully proficient with Microsoft Office, internet research, and have experience with donor databases. Familiarity and experience with DonorPerfect, WordPress, and Constant Contact is preferred.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Must demonstrate initiative, superb attitude, and dedication to serving all stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and wants to gain serious experience in the local non-profit community.
The salary range is $50,000-$60,000 annually. We offer insured benefits of Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance at no cost to the employee (family members can be added to the plan); and retirement plan. We offer a flexible work environment including a 37.5 hour work week, Paid-Time-Off, and professional development opportunities. We observe 10 Federal Holidays as part of the paid-time off package.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letter will not be considered.