HomeAid Northern Virginia
Communications and Marketing Manager
Who We Are:
HomeAid Northern Virginia (HomeAid/HANV) is a charitable 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2001 as the philanthropic arm of the Northern Virginia building industry and serves as a local chapter of HomeAid America. HomeAid believes everyone is deserving of dignity and hope, and for individuals and families struggling with the uncertainty of finding a place to sleep at night and access to programs that support getting back on their feet, the security that comes with having a roof over one’s head and access to critical wraparound services will allow them to focus on the issues that caused them to become homeless in the first place. In our twenty-year history, HomeAid Northern Virginia has made a difference in the lives of over 196,000 individuals and families experiencing homelessness or who would otherwise be homeless in Northern Virginia and beyond. HomeAid makes the right match between our partners in the homebuilding industry who donate time, labor, materials, and expertise and nonprofit renovation and build needs—and manages these construction projects to reduce the financial and staff time burden on nonprofits so that they can focus on direct interventions with clients experiencing homelessness. Our work makes the entire system of safety net nonprofits more sustainable.
Through HomeAid’s Program, the core of our mission, HANV builds and renovates housing and programmatic facilities at a 30-100% savings thanks to the generosity of our professional Builder Captains and Trade Partners. To ensure everyone involved benefits from working with us, HomeAid manages the entire project from beginning to end. From the initial pairing of non-profit and professional building industry partners to handling building and county codes, to architecture and monitoring construction timeline and communication between all parties involved, and everything in between, HomeAid is there to make sure the projects finish on time and well under budget in most cases. This savings enables the service providers to improve and expand their facilities while focusing their limited resources on critical programming and wraparound services necessary to help clients become self-sufficient and move beyond homelessness and trauma.
Who You Are:
You have excellent communications and organizational skills and are looking for a way to use them for the good of your community! You’re ready to jump in and make a difference using your experience with writing/editing; managing email marketing, grant writing, social media, websites, and publications; using a donor database; working with volunteers; making deadlines, and assisting in fundraising and project-related events.
What You’ll Do:
You are responsible for telling HomeAid’s story to supporters, nonprofits we work with, other stakeholders, and the public through our website, e-newsletter, grants, social media, and all other platforms. You will ensure that the HomeAid brand is consistent and marketing materials are professional-looking and clearly express our mission.
• Along with the Executive Director & CEO, oversee all HomeAid communications, including monthly eNewsletter, other emails, Annual Report, Fact Sheets, ads, video scripts, remarks, and other written and marketing pieces throughout the year as needed
• Manage HomeAid’s WordPress website
• Manage content creation processes from idea to execution, ensuring that all deadlines are met, stakeholders and relevant vendors/consultants contribute meaningfully and stick to the timeline and that the final product meets a high standard of excellence
• Curate high-interest content for and manage all social media to increase engagement
• Manage grant calendar and tell the HomeAid story in grant applications as needed throughout the year
• Attend networking/industry events to represent HomeAid; Assist at all HomeAid fundraising and project-related events
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum five years’ experience with a non-profit organization in the areas of communications, marketing, or fundraising. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills; must be proficient and concise.
• Must be flexible and adapt to a changing schedule of activities and priorities.
• Must be highly organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with attention to detail.
• Must be comfortable with and proficient in the delegation of tasks to both staff and volunteers.
• Ability to relate to people from various backgrounds, experiences, and professions. Must be willing to network and attend relevant events.
• Must be willing and able to make brief presentations and/or speak in front of small groups.
• Must be fully proficient with Microsoft Office, all social media platforms, and have experience with donor databases. Familiarity and experience with DonorPerfect, WordPress, and Constant Contact is preferred.
• Must be available to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Must demonstrate initiative, superb attitude, and dedication to serving all stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and wants to gain serious experience in the local non-profit community.
The salary range is $55,000-$65,000/annually depending on experience. We offer insurance benefits of Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription drugs, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance at no cost to the employee (family members can be added to the plan for an additional cost to the employee); and a retirement plan. We offer a flexible work environment including a 37.5 hour work week, Paid-Time-Off, and professional development opportunities. We observe 10 Federal Holidays as part of the paid-time-off package.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Easily apply HERE