Exciting marketing internship offering real-world experience in creating and articulating organization mission and impact on the community. Position allows great flexibility and creativity to expand our reach and delivery of consistent messaging through many channels. Position is responsible for assisting with all communications, including print, web, email, and social networking initiatives to market HomeAid’s shelter program, events, and fundraising campaigns. Gain valuable communication experience in this dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Research and implement communications effort on social media websites (i.e. FaceBook, YouTube)
- Evaluate current marketing efforts and make adjustments or recommendations as needed;
- Write copy for print ads, marketing campaigns and website;
- Compile relevant data on homelessness to use in various communications efforts;
- Research and suggest new ways to reach target audiences;
- Maintain list of contact information for target audiences;
- Develop and help execute marketing plan for HomeAid events.
- Computer proficient, especially in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude
- Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills
Compensation: School credit; letter of recommendation
Availability: Spring, Summer, or Fall
How to apply: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; type “Shelter Program Internship” in the subject line. Call 571-283-6320 with questions.